WordCamp Rhode Island is all about bringing together developers, designers, business owners and bloggers alike, who are interested in sharing their expertise and passion for WordPress with the community, and we want YOU to be a part of it!
What We’re Looking For
Interested in sharing your knowledge and experience as a WordCamp Rhode Island speaker? Talks of all skill level and topics will be considered. We do NOT require that you be an expert in the field, a professional developer, have certifications, have past speaking experience or anything like that. All we ask is that you present a topic that you are passionate about with enthusiasm.
- Your talk should relate to WordPress or be applicable and relevant to our WordCamp Rhode Island audience
- Please be respectful of the WordPress community and the WordCamp code of conduct
- The conference will include longer workshops held on Friday, September 22nd and shorter talks held on both Friday, September 22nd and Saturday, September 23rd.
- Workshops are 1.5+ hours (depending on topic) and are hands-on, with audience participation. Attendees will be encouraged to bring the laptops, notebooks, etc. and will be ready to work.
- Talks are 45 minute presentations, this includes time for Q&A.
- All speakers will need to sign an A/V release form prior to their presentation so we can post videos of all talks on WordPress.tv
- Speakers will offered free admission to WordCamp Rhode Island, but will not be otherwise compensated.
The deadline for submitting your speaker application is July 31, 2017.
Speaker Submission Form
If you’d like to propose multiple topics, please submit the form multiple times, once for each topic. Upon the deadline, an organizer will follow up to confirm your submission.