WordCamp Rhode Island wouldn’t be possible without a team of volunteers who help make it all run smoothly.
There are a bunch of opportunities to help out with flexible hours to assure volunteers are also able to attend sessions throughout the day.
- FREE admission to both conference days, including lunch
- WordCamp RI 2017 volunteer t-shirt and accompanying swag
- The opportunity to hang out and network with an amazing group of people who are passionate about WordPress!
Sign Up to Volunteer
Complete the form below to sign up as a WordCamp Rhode Island volunteer. You will receive an email from an organizer to confirm your submission and notify you of orientation details toward the end of the summer.
The Fine Print
See an extensive list of volunteer roles below. All Volunteers must make themselves available for orientation (2hrs) prior to the event and a final venue walk-through (2hrs) at New England Tech in the week leading up to the event.
Volunteer Roles include:
- Greeting attendees/registration at the entrance and front-table, checking them in, handing out badges, etc.
- Handing out t-shirts & swag
- Enrolling attendees that have not pre-registered
- Directing attendees throughout the venue for lunch, between sessions, to the bathrooms, etc.
- Room running to make sure the speakers have everything they need (water, cables, etc.). This role also includes doing time checks for the speakers so they know when the end of their session is drawing near and starting/stopping the video recorders.
- Helping with food such as making sure coffee is stocked, keeping the lunch line moving, handing out lunches, prepping snacks, etc.
- Miscellaneous: Hey sometimes we just need an extra set of hands to delegate to!