For #MotivationMonday, here are some ideas for your WordPress Portfolio website.
Why put a portfolio on a website?
- You have a business that is visually based, e.g. landscaper, interior decorator, clothing designer
- You are an artist
- You are a student who wants to showcase what you’ve learned to potential employers or institutions of higher learning.
How to create your online portfolio
WordPress support has some good information.
- Here’s a tutorial for photographers https://en.support.wordpress.com/tutorials/build-photography-website-tutorial/
- Create a portfolio as a sub-section of a website https://en.support.wordpress.com/portfolios/
- First steps in creating your portfolio https://en.support.wordpress.com/portfolios/making-the-most-of-your-portfolio/
You can also get help at the Rhode Island WordCamp 2017. A group of local WordPress users get together each year and put on this educational conference. You can attend sessions, get one-on-one help at the Happiness Bar (i.e. Help Desk), network with other local WordPress fans, have lunch each day, and attend the Friday night reception.
WordCamp RI 2017 will be held September 22 and 23 at the East Greenwich campus of New England Tech.